Ambassadors are YPAL members who build relationships with non-members and members within the organization. Ambassadors achieve this by being a familiar face at events, being informed, informing others about YPAL programs and events, and advancing diversity and inclusion for all people by strengthening and celebrating differences. Ambassadors also engage non-members and members in conversation, connect them within the organization and at events, and develop their social skills through networking opportunities.
The overall mission of an ambassador is to help non-members and members navigate their interests throughout the organization while building professional networking skills.
If you are interested in applying to be an Ambassador or learning more about the opportunity, please click here!
We are hosting an optional Ambassador 101 event on May 26th to learn more about the program and meet the team! Register here.
Applications close June 6th at 5:00pm EST.
YPAL is committed to the values of:
- Growth: We are coachable and commit to lifelong learning for ourselves, our organization, and our community.
- Community: We are a diverse group of people, working together toward a common goal. We are an active piece of the Greater Louisville community, and we provide resources for our members.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We strive to represent the community we serve. We work to create a community culture where everyone’s unique ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives are valued.
- Integrity: We act in accordance to our values in all we do. We are honest, transparent, and respectful.
- Service: We are servant leaders in our community and are dedicated to serving as such.
Timeline and Process:
- Applications close June 6th at 5:00 pm EST.
- Term: July 1, 2022 – June 30th, 2023
- Ambassador orientation: July 19th 5:30-7:00pm EST
- Ambassador meetings will take place September 20, November 22, January 24, March 21, and May 23 from 5:30-6:30pm EST.
If you have any questions about ambassador, duties, time commitment and application – please email our incoming Director of Membership Charlie Todd at email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org for quickest response.