YPAL is a volunteer organization for young professionals, run by a board of young professionals, and we’re looking for our next leadership team!
Over the course of this 1-year commitment, you will get an opportunity to engage with how a board of directors operates, meet many diverse leaders, and influence the future of Louisville. Don’t miss this opportunity to sit at the table and make a difference in our community!
Board applications will be open until Sunday, March 26 at 11:59 P.M.
Board of Director positions: YPAL has 19 volunteer board members, with 17 open positions. The YPAL Board of Directors works to run the organization’s day-to-day operations as well as oversee governance, finances, and future strategy of the organization. Each position is uniquely assigned responsibility for a particular function of the organization. To view each job description to see where your interests and skillsets may align, click here.
Time Commitment: Participation on the YPAL Board of Directors requires a great deal of commitment, including attendance at each monthly board meeting and performing the responsibilities of your position. Director roles are estimated to be 5 hours per week, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer Roles are estimated to be about 10 hours per week, and Presidential roles are expected to be about 20 hours per week.
YPAL and our leaders are committed to the values of:
- Growth: We are coachable and commit to lifelong learning for ourselves, our organization, and our community.
- Community: We are a diverse group of people, working together toward a common goal. We are an active piece of the Greater Louisville community, and we provide resources for our members.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We strive to represent the community we serve. We work to create a community culture where everyone’s unique ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives are valued.
- Integrity: We act in accordance with our values in all we do. We are honest, transparent, and respectful.
- Service: We are leaders dedicated to supporting our community.
Timeline and Process:
- Sunday, March 26th (11:59 p.m.): Application and letter of recommendation are due! Applications should be submitted via Survey Monkey and letters of recommendation should be emailed to the YPAL Executive Director Cassidy Hyde at email@example.com. **Before submitting your application, you will be asked to indicate who is sending your letter of recommendation.**
- Monday, April 3, and Wednesday, April 5 (5:00-10:00 p.m.): Candidates will interview with the Nomination Committee via in-person interviews. Please keep both dates open. Appointments will not be set until Monday, March 27th. If you are asked to interview, your appointment will be 15 – 20 minutes between 5-10 p.m. during these two evenings. If you have a conflict with one of those nights, please let us know in your application.
- Wednesday, April 19: The Nominating Committee makes a final recommendation to the Board of Directors to vote on candidates.
- Friday, April 21: Newly elected Board of Directors is publicly announced.
- Board Transition Mandatory Dates (if you are selected, please be sure that you are available on these days at these times):
- May 11 (new date!): New Board Member Orientation (5:30 – 7:30 p.m.)
- May 17: Joint Board of Directors meeting & Leadership Training (5 – 8 p.m.)
- May 22: New Board Member Orientation (5:30 – 7:30 p.m.)
- June 8: Joint Executive Committee Meeting (12:00 – 1:00 p.m.)
- June 17: Board Retreat (9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- July 7: YPAL Leadership welcome reception with YPAL Advisory Council (8:30 – 10:00 a.m.)
- YPAL Board of Director Meetings are hosted on the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. in person.
- YPAL Executive Committee Meetings are hosted on the 2nd Thursday of each month from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. virtually.
YPAL’s 2023-2024 Board term officially begins July 1, 2023.
YPAL’s 2023-2024 Board term officially ends June 30, 2024.
If you have any questions about the board, duties, time commitment, and application – please email our incoming Board President, Tanelle Sawyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing your application soon!