YPAL Board of Director Applications: Now Open!
YPAL Board of Directors Applications 2019-2020
YPAL is a volunteer organization for young professionals, run by a board of young professionals, and we’re looking for our next leadership team!
Over the course of this 1-year commitment, you will get an inside look into how a board of directors operates and have the opportunity to meet many different leaders shaping the future of Louisville. Don’t miss this opportunity to sit at the table and make a difference in our community!
Board applications will be open from March 1 to March 22. We are hosting an optional info-session, called YPAL Board 101 on March 14. You can find more information on that event here.
If you have any questions about the board, duties, commitment
All other important dates are listed on the first page of the board application and below.
- (Optional) Thursday, March 14 (8:15 a.m.): Board Information Session 101 Breakfast: Those applying for the board are welcome to join us for breakfast to learn more about the roles, responsibilities, and perks of being a YPAL board member. This will be held in YPAL’s office space at 614 W Main Street, 6th Floor. This breakfast is not mandatory. Please RSVP here.
- Friday, March 22 (5:00 p.m.): Application and letter of recommendation are due! Applications should be submitted via Google Forms and letters of recommendation should be emailed to Ann Marie Maldini at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, April 3 and Thursday, April 4 (5:00-10:00 p.m.): Candidates interview with the Nomination Committee in Downtown Louisville. Please keep both dates open. Appointments will not be set until the week of March 25. If you are asked to interview, your appointment could be anytime between 5-10 p.m. during these two evenings. If you have a conflict one of those nights, please let Ann Marie know by March 22.
- Wednesday, April 17: Nomination Committee makes
finalrecommendation to the Board of Directors to vote on candidates.
- Friday, April 19: Newly elected Board of Directors is publicly announced.
Board Transition Mandatory Dates (if you are selected, please be sure that you are available on these days at these times):
- May 6: New Board Member Orientation (5:30 p.m.)
- May 13: New Board Member Orientation (5:30 p.m.)
- May 15: Joint Board of Directors meeting (5:30 p.m.)
- June 4: Joint Executive Committee Meeting (12:00 – 1:00 p.m.)
- June 15:
Spring Boardretreat (9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
YPAL’s 2019-2020 Board term officially begins July 1, 2019.
YPAL’s 2019-2020 Board term officially ends June 30, 2020.