Are you new to the area? Have you lived in Louisville for an extended period of time and want to expand your circle of connections? Our social and networking opportunities will link you with like-minded young professionals and help ease the transition into a new community.
Through our signature community events, YPAL offers ways for you to get involved in community service and stay engaged in what is going on in the community. As examples, YPAL organizes quarterly volunteer events and takes a group of YPs to the state capitol each year.
Are you looking for professional opportunities to help develop your career? Through our Emerging Leaders Program, networking opportunities and exclusive events with community and business leaders, YPAL can connect you with decision makers who can help develop your business and yourself.
YPAL’s Mission is…..
The Young Professionals Association of Louisville (YPAL) provides leadership development, educational opportunities and philanthropic support to Louisville’s Young Professionals for the benefit of the local community. The mission of YPAL is to connect, engage and develop metro Louisville’s young professionals through community, professional and social opportunities.
General YPAL Achievements
- Launched Excelerate, a new professional development program that offers quarterly workshops on leadership and soft skill trainings on topics facing young professionals.
- In 2018, reacheve and exceeded 1,000 members for the first time in history
- Created the YP Unite Summit for young professionals from across the region to come together to hear about local legislation, share best practices and network and be a collective voice for YP’s in our region.
- Launched “Connect,” “Develop,” and “Engage” Series which successfully centered programming directly with YPAL’s mission.
- Developed the Emerging Leaders Program, a comprehensive leadership development program that addresses specific leadership development needs of young professionals as emerging leaders. This program conducted a detailed survey of the opinions of 550 young professionals on both their work like and living in Louisville (the “Live, Work, Play Survey), the results of which garnered television and written news coverage and were presented to various local organizations.
- YPAL partnered with Leadership Louisville Center to create a unique leadership training program for YPs called Ignite Louisville.
- Each year YPAL partners with various non profit organizations, providing fresh ideas, energetic volunteers and increased awareness. Some of the non-profits we have worked with include the Salvation Army, Special Olympics, Junior Achievement, Brightside and Kentucky Harvest.