Ambassadors are YPAL members who build relationships with non-members and members within the organization. Ambassadors achieve this by being a familiar face at events, being informed, informing others about YPAL programs and events, and advancing diversity and inclusion for all people by strengthening and celebrating differences. Ambassadors also engage non-members and members in conversation, connect them within the organization and at events, and develop their social skills through networking opportunities.
The overall mission of an ambassador is to help non-members and members navigate their interests throughout the organization while building professional networking skills.
If you are interested in applying to be an Ambassador or learning more about the opportunity, please click here! Applications close May 31st at 5:00 P.M. EST.
YPAL is committed to the values of:
- Growth: We are coachable and commit to lifelong learning for ourselves, our organization, and our community.
- Community: We are a diverse group of people, working together toward a common goal. We are an active piece of the Greater Louisville community, and we provide resources for our members.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We strive to represent the community we serve. We work to create a community culture where everyone’s unique ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives are valued.
- Integrity: We act in accordance with our values in all we do. We are honest, transparent, and respectful.
- Service: We are servant leaders in our community and are dedicated to serving as such.
Timeline and Process:
- Ambassador Term: July 1, 2023 – June 30th, 2024
- Due date: Applications are due by 5:00 P.M. EST on May 31st.
- Mandatory meeting dates: Ambassador meetings will take place on July 18 (Ambassador Orientation 5:30 – 7:00 P.M.), September 19, November 21, January 23, March 26, and May 21 from 5:30-6:30 P.M. EST. Most ambassador work will be after 5:00 P.M., although there may be opportunities to volunteer during the day as well.
If you have any questions about the ambassador, duties, time commitment, and application – please email our incoming Director of Membership Bansari Mehta at email@example.com and current Director of Membership Charlie Todd at firstname.lastname@example.org.