The Young Professionals Association of Louisville (YPAL) is proud to announce its 17th graduating class of their Emerging Leaders Program. The Emerging Leaders Program is a three-month accelerated and intensive experience designed to address the leadership development needs of young professionals. These young professionals represent one of Greater Louisville’s greatest resources: talented young people committed to making our community a better place to live, work, and play. The Emerging Leaders Program is one of the most significant ways that YPAL grows and nurtures talent in our region.
Presented by Indiana University Southeast, Doe-Anderson, Norton Healthcare, and the YPAL Foundation, the program includes training led by Lenae Price, President and Founder of Mindset Collaborative, wherein participants take an introspective look at their strengths, values and leadership style and get advice from community leaders. The objective of the program is to provide participants with a clear understanding of their strengths, values and personality in the context of becoming a more effective leader. Due to COVID-19, the program was successfully adapted to an all-virtual platform. New this session, our participants engaged in a class dedicated to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion from the perspective of emerging leadership.
The Spring 2021 Class of the Emerging Leaders Program concluded their coursework on June 28th. YPAL is proud to welcome the largest Emerging Leader’s Class to date! The 33 graduates include:
- Maggie Carnes, Fairness Campaign
- Shanna Clark, Norton Healthcare
- Bekah Courtney, Caesars Southern Indiana
- Katie Custer, RunSwitch PR
- Adam Dahmer, University of Edinburgh / Freelance
- Amy Erwin, Volunteers of America Mid-States
- Blake Freeman, Norton Healthcare
- Michela Grant, Humana
- Evan Hancock, Trane Technologies
- Shelby Hatfield, Stantec
- Kim Huston, Norton Healthcare
- Shyonna Johnson, Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness
- Loni Knight, Doe-Anderson
- Katherine Meisburg, Stock Yards Bank & Trust
- Justin Moore, Semonin Realtors
- Elizabeth Mosley, Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Miriam Nally, Greater Louisville Inc.
- Karis Noble, Doe Anderson
- Jill Novak, Baptist Health
- Elizabeth Penn, Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs
- Jordan Pope-Studstill, Indiana University Southeast
- Alonzo Ramont, Homeless Coalition of So. Indiana
- Brandon Reams, Indiana University Southeast
- Veronica Riggs, Brown-Forman
- Brittany Ruehling, KFC U.S.
- Nick Stewart, Stites & Harbison, PLLC
- Stephen Swan, University of Louisville College of Business
- Hamilton Thiersch, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel
- Maria Tipton, Stock Yards Bank & Trust
- Aaron Vance, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- Todd Weber, Crescent Hill Baptist Church, Baptist Seminary of Kentucky
- Luis Wells-Gonzalez, Stock Yards Bank & Trust
- Jeremy White, Norton Healthcare
The program is facilitated by Lenae Price, President and Founder of Mindset Collaborative, LLC.
Applications for the Fall 2021 program will open in July. Program, Scholarship, and Childcare Stipend information can be found at: https://www.ypal.org/about-us/emerging-leaders-program/