YPAL Website Terms and Conditions of Use
2. Use License
User is granted permission to access, view, and use the Materials contained on or in the Website for personal, non-commercial, transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license, not a transfer of title, and thus, you may not:
- (a) modify or copy the Materials;
- (b) use the Materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- (c) decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Website or attempt to do any of the foregoing;
- (d) remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the Materials;
- (e) transfer the Materials to another person or "mirror" the Materials on any other server;
- (f) allow or encourage others to access, view, or use the Website or the Materials using Your user name and password; or
- (g) use User's access to, viewing of, or use of the Website or any Materials contained on or in the Website to compete with YPAL.
User's permission to access, view, and use the Website and the Materials contained on or in the Website shall automatically terminate, as well as your membership with YPAL, if you violate any of these restrictions. Moreover, YPAL may terminate your access, viewing, or use of the Website and/or the Materials contained on or in the Website, as well as your membership with YPAL, at any time, with or without cause. Upon terminating User's access to, viewing of, and use of the Website and/or the Materials contained on or in the Website, or your membership with YPAL, you must destroy any Materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
User shall provide truthful, accurate, complete, and non-misleading information to YPAL for all purposes, including, without limitation, membership, using, accessing, or viewing the Website or the Materials contained on or in the Website, or setting up an account in connection with the Website. In the event any User information is no longer truthful, accurate, complete, and not misleading User shall promptly update, in a manner known to YPAL, User's information so that it becomes truthful, accurate, complete, and not misleading. User may create a user name and password in order to create and account to use, access, and/or view the Website and the Materials contained on or in the Website. It is and remains User's sole responsibility to protect User's account and user name and password from unauthorized access and keep them confidential. User shall not provide User's user name and/or password to any third party for any purpose. User agrees to promptly notify YPAL if User suspects or discovers any unauthorized access to or unauthorized activity arising from, related to, or connected with User's account or user name and/or password. User is solely responsible for any actions taken by User with respect to User's account as well as actions taken by any person or entity User authorizes to access or use User's account. User shall be liable for any activity that takes place on User's account or through the use of User's user name and/or password, whether authorized or unauthorized.
The Website and the Materials contained on or in the Website are provided "as is". YPAL makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, YPAL does not warrant or make any representations concerning the completeness, accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the Website, the Materials contained on or in the Website, the use thereof, or otherwise relating to such Materials or on any sites linked to the Website. User's exclusive remedy shall be to terminate this agreement.
In no event shall YPAL or its representatives, employees, vendors, or suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the access to, viewing of, use of, misuse of or inability to use the Website and/or the Materials contained on or in the Website.
6. Revisions and Errata
The Materials appearing on the Website could include technical, typographical, photographic, or other errors. Although YPAL makes its best efforts to include and provide accurate and updated information and data on the Website, YPAL does not warrant that any of the Materials on the Website are accurate, complete, or current. YPAL may make changes to the Materials contained on or in the Website at any time without notice.
YPAL has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. Unless explicitly stated otherwise on the Website in regard to a specific sponsor, company or organization, the inclusion of any link on the Website does not imply endorsement by YPAL. Use of any such linked website is at the User's own risk.
YPAL may revise its Terms and Conditions of Use for the Website at any time without notice. By accessing, viewing, or using the Website or any of the Materials contained on or in the Website, you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of the Terms and Conditions of Use.
YPAL may, at its sole discretion, monitor and review User's access to, viewing of, or use of the Website and/or the Materials contained on or in the Website, but YPAL is under no obligation to do so.
User agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold YPAL harmless against any and all claims, actions, judgments, damages, or losses, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary, and punitive damages, of whatever nature, as well as attorneys' fees, that arise from, are related to, or are connected with, User's access to, viewing of, or use of the Website or the Materials contained on or in the Website, any breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use, or any violation by User of any right of any third party.
User understands and agrees that any breach of this Agreement by User will result in immediate and irreparable injury to YPAL in an amount that is difficult to ascertain; therefore, YPAL shall be entitled to proceed directly to court to obtain the remedies of specific performance and injunctive relief without the necessity of posting a bond or other undertakings therewith. YPAL's right to seek specific performance and injunctive relief is in addition to all other remedies otherwise available to YPAL, including, without limitation, recovering from User for damages and reasonable attorney's fees incurred during YPAL's enforcement of the Terms and Conditions of Use or any part thereof. All of YPAL's remedies for any breach of this Terms and Conditions of Use shall be cumulative and the pursuit of one remedy shall not be deemed to exclude any other remedies.
12. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the Website shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky without regard to its conflict of law rules or principals.
13. Refund Policy
YPAL's general policy is that there are no refunds for a member or non-member registration for any YPAL event or any other purchase/sale/transaction made involving a YPAL event and/or through YPAL's website.
By providing your information when signing up to join YPAL as a member, you are consenting to the use of your email address for the purpose of receiving promotional emails and email announcements from YPAL. If you wish to stop receiving these emails, you must opt-out by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all email communications from YPAL. You also may opt-out by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “UNSUBSCRIBE” from the email you wish to unsubscribe.
YPAL Website Privacy Notice
Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, Young Professional Association of Louisville's ("YPAL") has developed this privacy notice in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate, disclose and make use of personal information ("Website Privacy Notice").
By agreeing to the Website Privacy Notice, you consent, understand and agree that YPAL can and may collect personal information for purposes of its membership database or other purposes necessary for its activities.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- YPAL will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. While YPAL will make reasonable efforts to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee against all risks, including, but not limited to the risk of third-party "hackers."
- YPAL will make readily available to customers information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- YPAL does not seek or knowingly collect the personal information of children, nor are any portions of this website directed at children.
- If you have questions or concerns about YPAL's Website Privacy policies and practices, please contact us.
Attention: Website Privacy Inquiries
614 W Main St #6000
Louisville, KY 40202
- YPAL reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this policy at any time and in any manner. When we change the policy in a material way a notice will be posted on our Website along with the updated privacy notice. Your use of our Website and any other services provided by YPAL after such changes are implemented constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of these changes. Please consult this Website Privacy Notice prior to every use for any changes.