Featured Member: Michael Abernathy
Meet YPAL’s January Featured Member, Michael Abernathy, and his wife, Amanda!
- Best Part of Your Job
- Michael’s favorite thing about Abernathy K9 is his ability to help people communicate with their dogs and seeing the growth in the relationships between clients and their pets. Amanda handles the website and social media accounts for Abernathy K9, which is a fun & creative outlet for her outside of her main job!
- Tell us about your pets
- We have 2 dogs, Zeke and Lebron. Zeke, named after Ezekiel Elliot (Go Cowboys!) is our almost 4-year-old Doberman pinscher, and Lebron is our almost 3-year-old Presa Canario.
- Why did you join YPAL
- Amanda has attended YPAL events on and off throughout the last few years, but we officially became members as a way to network with other young professionals in the Louisville area and expand our knowledge about being small business owners.
- Why did you choose Louisville
- We are both from Louisville and have never had the desire to call anywhere else home! Both of our families are here, and we love this area. We are both graduates of Louisville Male High School!
- Book recommendation
- Amanda – I am currently more into podcasts than books, and a few favorites right now are Crime Junkie, The Daily and The Popcast!
- Fav restaurant in Louisville
- We are always looking for new restaurants to try, but here are our current favorites:
- Amanda – Simply Thai and Varanese
- Michael – The Eagle, Shack in the Back, and Big Momma’s
- Best career advice you’ve received
- Don’t undervalue your own service!
- And this quote – “Self-confidence is the result of successfully survived risk.”
You can find them on Instagram @Abernathy.K9 and their website here.
Do you know a great young professional who we should feature next month? Tell us about them (or yourself) here!
A big thank you to our Featured Member Blog Post Sponsor, Webster University!
Webster University, a global institution, provides adult learners with a quality graduate education in a diverse and personalized learning environment. Take your career to the next level with a graduate degree designed for the working professional. Your future is now! Contact Webster University, Louisville at (502) 896-1835 or visit their website www.webster.edu