By: Nathan Shanks, YPAL Ambassador
If you are like me, it is difficult to find time to make a healthy breakfast in the morning. I used to always catch myself eating something unhealthy, because almost every convenient breakfast seems to be bad for us. How hard can it be to find a simple breakfast that takes minimal preparation, and is also healthy at the same time.
When I came across this microwave omelet, I was as skeptical as the next guy. However, when I tried it, I was pleasantly surprised with how good it was. It was extremely tasty, and it takes less than 3 minutes! To top it off, there is hardly any clean up.
- 2 large eggs
- Splash of milk
- 2-3 tablespoons shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon diced green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Diced Ham
- Crumbled Bacon
- Pico de Gallo
- First of all, make sure you have a microwave safe mug. Ideally you want the ingredients to fill no more than 2/3 of the mug. This allows the eggs to rise when they cook, and not overflow.
- Crack 2 eggs into the mug and add a splash of milk. Mix together thoroughly.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese, and then 1 tablespoon of diced green onions. Mix everything together.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute 15 seconds (Microwaves will vary). If not done, put in for 20 second intervals until complete.
Once done, you can either eat it right out of the mug, or use a knife to put it onto a plate.
Finally, a great breakfast in just a few minutes. Enjoy!
About the Series
The YPAL Get Healthy Blog Series, sponsored by Norton Healthcare, will focus on the health and well-being of our Louisville Young Professionals. This blog series will feature various young professional bloggers in our community sharing their stories on health, wellness, nutrition, fitness and healthy lifestyles. Want to write a Get Healthy Blog Post? Email Admin@YPAL.org for details!