Congratulations to our graduates!
The Young Professionals Association of Louisville (YPAL) is proud to announce its 19th graduating class of their Emerging Leaders Program. The Emerging Leaders Program is a three-month accelerated and intensive experience designed to address the leadership development needs of young professionals. These young professionals represent one of Greater Louisville’s greatest resources: talented young people committed to making our community a better place to live, work, and play. The Emerging Leaders Program is one of the most significant ways that YPAL grows and nurtures talent in our region.
Thanks to our sponsors Norton Healthcare, Indiana University Southeast, Michele Shelton LLC, Story Louisville, and the YPAL Foundation, the program includes training led by Lenae Price, President and Founder of Mindset Collaborative, wherein participants take an introspective look at their strengths, values and leadership style and get advice from community leaders. The objective of the program is to provide participants with a clear understanding of their strengths, values and personality in the context of becoming a more effective leader. Our participants also engaged in a Decade 4 Diversity: A Leadership Conversation for A New Generation class hosted by Michele Shelton, DEI Strategist & Workplace Activist. This Spring 2022 class was a uniquely passionate group who led with empathy and grace. In each session, their support for each other was inspiring to be a part of. We can’t to see where they go next.
As part of YPAL’s goal to continue supporting more local diverse-owned businesses, we want to thank the following companies that provided our cohort with excellent meals and a graduation celebration: The Salad Chic, Safier, The Black Italian, Summa Dis, Summa Dat & More, Dee’s Catering, Garden Girl Foods and Trouble Bar.
The Spring 2022 class of the Emerging Leaders Program concluded their coursework on April 25. The 31 graduates include:
- Abby Fletcher, Sitlinger & Theiler
- Amy Czerwonka, EXOS
- Andrew Klump, Dentons Bingham Greenebaum
- Ben Barberie, Frost Brown Todd
- Brian Lee, Stites & Harbison, PLLC
- Briana Whittle, Strothman and Company
- Bruce Bell, Keller Williams
- Carly Whitesell, BKD CPAs & Advisors
- Cassie Cairns, Feeding America Kentucky
- Catherine Berghuis, GE Appliances
- Haley Nestor, Home of the Innocents
- Hannah Uribe, Wingspan Integrated Marketing
- Jameson Gay, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- Julia Wilson, Stantec
- Julie Donna, Louisville Metro Government
- Michael Garton, Advantage Investment Management
- Nadia Jarfi, Story Louisville
- Nate Hammitt, WorK Architecture + Design
- Nubia Bennett, Leadership Louisville Center
- Paula Lockhart, Governors School for The Arts
- Rachel Maniscalco, Scoppechio
- Rebecca Hollenbach, Center for Health Equity
- Rebecca Lumbrix, South Louisville Community Ministries
- Sal Migliore, Steel Technologies
- Samantha Kerr, Long John Silver’s
- Savon Gray, Black Business Boxes
- Sydney Lane, Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Trevor Timmerberg, Trinity High School & US Army National Guard
- Vishaka Murali, ICF
- Wes Eklund, Amazon Web Services
- Whitney Smith, Humana
Applications for the Fall 2022 program will open in the summer. Program, scholarship, and childcare stipend information can be found at: https://www.ypal.org/about-us/emerging-leaders-program/
If you have any questions, please email Emory Williamson, YPAL’s Director of Leadership, at email@example.com.