Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Starts Derby City’s Finest in Louisville
Local Fundraiser Part of Nationwide Effort to Support the Fight against Cystic Fibrosis
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – Kentucky/West Virginia Chapter announced that Louisville will host the first Derby City’s Finest class. Derby City’s Finest are 20 of the city’s most accomplished men and women ranging in age from 25-40. These outstanding young professionals are selected on the basis of the activity in the community and success in their careers. Each of the 20 Finest is committed to raising as much money as possible for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. They are counting on friends, family, co-workers and the Louisville community to help them exceed their minimum goal of $2,500.
Each honoree must:
- Demonstrate leadership
- Be successful in their chosen careers
- Exhibit dedication to assisting organizations to better the lives of others
- Helping to save lives of children and adults with cystic fibrosis a life threatening disease
- Recognized in the community as community leader in business and philanthropy
- Networking with local professionals
- Having a significant award on your resume and business and social networking sites
- Appearing in Louisville Magazine – Derby City’s Finest spread
- Highlighted as an honoree on the Kentucky/West Virginia chapter website, social media and e-news
- Recognized on stage as one of the successful honorees and one of Derby City’s Finest
- Top Fundraiser will be named Derby City’s Impact Award Recipient
THE NOMINATING PROCESS
- A nominating committee comprised of local business and civic leaders identifies potential honorees and actively recruits them to participate in the campaign
- Nomination forms are posted online and in other appropriate areas for community and self-nominations
- The nominating committee Reviews all nominations and makes decision on final 20 Honorees
Nominations for Derby City’s Finest Class of 2017 are now being accepted.
Contact Lena Iwu (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a nomination packet and more information.
Cystic fibrosis is a life-threatening genetic disease that affects 30,000 adults and children in the United States and 70,000 people worldwide. The disease is caused by a defective gene that makes the body produce a thick, sticky mucus that clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening infections. More than 10 million Americans are symptomless carriers of a defective cystic fibrosis gene. Derby City’s Finest raises funds to support the Foundation’s mission to help all people with cystic fibrosis live longer, healthier lives while we search for a cure.
The CF Foundation is an accredited charity of the Better Business Bureau’s Wise Giving Alliance.
About the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis. The Foundation funds more CF research than any other organization, and nearly every CF drug available today was made possible because of Foundation support. Based in Bethesda, Md., the Foundation also supports and accredits a national care center network that has been recognized by the National Institutes of Health as a model of care for a chronic disease. For more information, go to www.cff.org.
About The Nonprofit Spotlight Blog Series:
This blog series features various nonprofits each month. The post is meant to shine a spotlight on their mission and needs. Does your Nonprofit want to write a blog post? Email Admin@YPAL.org for details.