About YPAL: The Young Professionals Association of Louisville (YPAL) provides leadership development, educational opportunities, and philanthropic support to Louisville’s young professionals for the benefit of the local community. We seek to create a welcoming, vibrant community for young people in Greater Louisville through connecting, engaging, and developing.
YPAL is committed to the values of:
- Growth: We are coachable and commit to lifelong learning for ourselves, our organization, and our community.
- Community: We are a diverse group of people, working together toward a common goal. We are an active piece of the Greater Louisville community, and we provide resources for our members.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We strive to represent the community we serve. We work to create a community culture where everyone’s unique ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives are valued.
- Integrity: We act in accordance with our values in all we do. We are honest, transparent, and respectful.
- Service: We are servant leaders in our community and are dedicated to serving as such.
Job Title: Public Relations & Operations Intern
- Support the organization and execution of YPAL events – planning, public relations, crafting event copy, onsite event help, and other collaboration as needed.
- Create and manage the YPAL website via content development. Includes but is not limited to creating engaging content for social media platforms and newsletters.
- Conduct research on sponsorship opportunities and co-create partnership proposals.
- Update and maintain social media platforms.
- Manage membership data and communicate data with YPAL board members.
- Edit and proofread content, videos, press releases, emails, and other communications that will be displayed to the public.
- Support onboarding and data input for the Salesforce database.
- Research and support implementation for sustainable solutions for board roles; i.e. record keeping, transition support, communication and project management tools, etc.
- Support and engage YPAL in the organization’s organizations overall PR strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
The team: The YPAL intern reports to the YPAL Executive Director and will work closely with the YPAL Board of Directors.
Education: A minimum of two years of undergraduate studies is preferred, but not required.
Skills and Experience: A successful candidate must be responsible, professional, organized, self-motivated, and have excellent communication skills. Marketing, event planning/execution, Salesforce, and/or Canva experience would be a plus.
Hours: 10-15 hours per week (some evening and weekend events). The internship will be hybrid and subject to change based on CDC and local requirements and recommendations.
Requirements: Intern will be responsible for providing their own laptop or computer.
Dates: Spring internship to begin ASAP in January 2023 with possible extension to a winter and fall internship.
Compensation: This internship comes with a stipend and includes parking for YPAL duties. Compensation details are to be discussed in detail after the application is received.
Interviews may take place via video. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to the YPAL Executive Director, Cassidy Hyde at email@example.com by January 15, 2023.