Parker & Klein can keep you legal with the city!
The Louisville Metro Council has approved new controls over how a property owner may use their home or condo as a short term rental (any rental for a period of less than 30 days). A few bullet points here:
- There is a minimum distance of 600 ft required between homes used as a Short Term Rental (STR) when the properties ARE NOT primary residences.
- A Conditional Use Permit (CUP), approved at a public hearing, is required for non-primary residence properties.
- Annual registration fee for all STR is $100.
- STR are not allowed in many areas such as: Anchorage, St. Matthews, Lyndon and more.
- Maximum occupancy is # beds x2+2 (example 2 beds= 6 maximum guests)
- Even if you rent your home out once or twice per year (Derby etc), registration is required.
Parker & Klein Real Estate has detailed information on all regulations for STRs. Please contact Parker & Klein Real Estate for more information as they are eager to guide you on the ins and outs of the short term rental rules and the compliance process.
Investing in rental property (long or short term rentals) is a smart way to build wealth. Let Parker & Klein Real Estate help you make solid decisions on the front end which will increase your return on investment. To head to their website, click here!