We started this year with a new logo, a new website and a new strategy for increasing awareness for our organization through social media and member profiles in local publications. Though the facelift was a strong display of the growth of our organization and energy of our members, our shining achievements this year have been in the civic arena. Overwhelming participation in YPAL’s YP Day in Frankfort by young professionals from all over the state as well as the impressive support we received for the televised Attorney General debate are a strong confirmation that in this election year Kentucky’s next generation of leaders are tuned in and finding our voice.
- Developed a new YPAL logo that is more representative of our mission, and more attractive to our demographic.
- Developed a new website that provides more functionality to members, streamlines tasks for board members and is more visually attractive.
- Began utilizing new mediums to reach out to current and prospective members including a Velocity YPAL Blog, a LinkedIn page, MySpace Page.
- Increased publicity for the organization by featuring member profiles in Velocity, Business First, Today’s Woman, etc.
- Polled our membership and decided to advocate for Expanded Gaming as a new source of revenue for the Commonwealth.
- Partnered with the Junior League of Louisville to promote awareness for Blessings in a Backpack, a program that provides food to school-age children on the weekends.
- Worked with YPs from Northern Kentucky and Lexington to plan a YP Day in Frankfort in February 2008
- Partnered with the Junior League of Louisville, the League of Women Voters, and the Greater Louisville Medical Society to host a televised debate between Attorney General candidates Jack Conway and Stan Lee.