Louisville, KY — The Young Professionals Association of Louisville (YPAL) is happy to announce its new Board of Directors who will begin their term July 1, 2015. The board will be led by incoming President, David Haney, Attorney at Gwin Steinmetz & Baird PLLC. (More about David Haney below).
Other members of the board are the executive committee:
- President-Elect: Chris Nation – Quantum Communications
- Immediate Past President: Jean Lee – PNC Bank
- Vice President of Community: Brian Massey – Strothman & Company
- Vice President of Development: Aimee Jewell – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kentuckiana
- Vice President of Public Relations: Nick McRae – McRae Technologies
- Vice President of Special Projects: Stephanie Rowe – Humana
- Treasurer: Jeremy Thomas – Mountjoy Chilton Medley
- Secretary: Drew Eckman – Frost Brown Todd
- Director of Membership: Laura Nunnelley – University of Louisville
- Director of Entertainment: Leslie Giffin – PharMerica
- Director of Professional Development: Micah Jorrisch – Family & Children’s Place
- Director of Community Outreach: Laura Curth – Brown-Forman
- Director of Inclusion: Casey Dixon – Flextronics
- Director of Public Issues: Joe Geoghegan – Greater Louisville Inc.
- Director of Communications: Mendy Freeland – IMC
- Director of Recruitment: OJ Oleka – Heiner-Crosbie for Kentucky
- Director of Technology: Laura Anderson – TMP Worldwide
And committee chairs:
- Chair of the Healthcare Committee: Allie Hansen – Parkinson Support Center of Kentuckiana
- Chair of the Building Committee: Dwayne Rice – Henderson Services
About David Haney:
A YPAL member since 2012, David Haney joined the Board of Directors as Secretary in 2013 and currently serves as YPAL President-Elect until he will take the reins as YPAL President in July.
Haney is an associate attorney with Gwin Steinmetz and Baird PLLC’s business litigation and long term care groups. He was recognized on the 2015 list of Kentucky Rising Stars® by Super Lawyers. Haney is also a graduate of Leadership Louisville Center’s Ignite Louisville Class of 2015. Haney currently serves on the Board of Directors for Greater Louisville Inc. and the Transylvania University Young Alumni Council.
Haney volunteers with Willie’s Warriors, named after his six-year-old nephew battling leukemia and dedicated to helping those with childhood cancer meet other kids facing the same challenges. He also volunteers with Neighborhood House, a non-profit organization in Louisville’s Portland neighborhood.
Haney is an honors graduate of Transylvania University with a double major in business administration and Spanish language and literature. He received his juris doctor from Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville, where he was Executive Editor of the University of Louisville Law Review, competed on the National Tax Moot Court team, and completed a student clerkship with the Honorable Joseph E. Lambert, then-Chief Justice to the Kentucky Supreme Court. A native of Nancy, Kentucky, Haney grew up on his family’s apple and peach farm, Haney’s Appledale Farm, which has been in his family for over 150 years. He currently lives in St. Matthews, is an avid UK basketball fan, and enjoys traveling whenever possible.