YPAL is a volunteer organization for young professionals, run by a board of young professionals, and we’re looking for our next leadership team!
Over the course of this 1-year commitment, you will get an inside look into how a board of directors operates and have the opportunity to meet many different leaders shaping the future of Louisville. Don’t miss this opportunity to sit at the table and make a difference in our community!
Board applications will be open until March 27. We are hosting an optional info-session, YPAL Board 101 on March 17. You can find more information on that event here.
Board of Directors Job Descriptions, click here.
If you have any questions about the board, duties, time commitment and application – please email our incoming Board President, Woo Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YPAL is committed to the values of:
- Growth: We are coachable and commit to lifelong learning for ourselves, our organization, and our community.
- Community: We are a diverse group of people, working together toward a common goal. We are an active piece of the Greater Louisville community, and we provide resources for our members.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We strive to represent the community we serve. We work to create a community culture where everyone’s unique ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives are valued.
- Integrity: We act in accordance to our values in all we do. We are honest, transparent, and respectful.
- Service: We are servant leaders in our community and are dedicated to serving as such.
Timeline and Process:
- (Optional) March 17th (8:30 a.m.): Board 101: Those applying for the board are welcome to join us for an in-person event to answer questions about the app, the board term, specific positions, etc. Register here.
- Sunday, March 27th (11:59 p.m.): Application and letter of recommendation are due! Applications should be submitted via Google Forms and letters of recommendation should be emailed to Cassidy Hyde at email@example.com. **Before submitting your application, you will be asked to indicate who is sending your letter of recommendation.**
- Tuesday, April 12 and Thursday, April 14 (5:00-10:00 p.m.): Candidates interview with the Nomination Committee via in-person interviews. Please keep both dates open. Appointments will not be set until April 2. If you are asked to interview, your appointment will be 15 – 20 minutes between 5-10 p.m. during these two evenings. If you have a conflict one of those nights, please let us know by March 26.
- Wednesday, April 20: The Nominating Committee makes a final recommendation to the Board of Directors to vote on candidates.
- Friday, April 22: Newly elected Board of Directors is publicly announced.
- Board Transition Mandatory Dates (if you are selected, please be sure that you are available on these days at these times):
- May 12: New Board Member Orientation (5:30 p.m.)
- May 18: Joint Board of Directors meeting & Leadership Training (5 – 8 p.m.)
- May 26: New Board Member Orientation (5:30 p.m.)
- June 9: Joint Executive Committee Meeting (12:00 – 1:15 p.m.)
- June 11th: Board Retreat (9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
YPAL’s 2022 – 2023 Board term officially begins July 1, 2022.
YPAL’s 2022 – 2023 Board term officially ends June 30, 2023.