YPAL Board of Directors Applications
YPAL is a volunteer organization for young professionals, run by a board of young professionals, and we’re looking for our next leadership team!
Over the course of this 1-year commitment, you will get an inside look into how a board of directors operates and have the opportunity to meet many different leaders shaping the future of Louisville. Don’t miss this opportunity to sit at the table and make a difference in our community!
Board applications will be open from March 1 to March 26. We are hosting an optional info-session, called YPAL Board 101 on March 11. You can find more information on that event here.
Board of Directors Job Descriptions, click here.
If you have any questions about the board, duties, commitment and application – please email our incoming Board President, Cassidy Hyde at email@example.com.
All other important dates are listed on the first page of the board application and below.
• Monday, March 1: Call for applications.
• (Optional) March 11th (8:30 a.m.): Board 101: Those applying for the board are welcome to join us for a Zoom event to answer questions about the app, the board term, etc.
• Friday, March 26 (5:00 p.m.): Application and letter of recommendation are due! Applications should be submitted via Google Forms and letters of recommendation should be emailed to Ann Marie Maldini at AnnMarie.Maldini@ypal.org.
• Wednesday, April 7 and Thursday, April 8 (5:00-10:00 p.m.): Candidates interview with the Nomination Committee via virtual interviews. Please keep both dates open. Appointments will not be set until April 2. If you are asked to interview, your appointment could be anytime between 5-10 p.m. during these two evenings. If you have a conflict one of those nights, please let Ann Marie know by March 26.
• Wednesday, April 21: The Nominating Committee makes a final recommendation to the Board of Directors to vote on candidates.
• Friday, April 23: Newly elected Board of Directors is publicly announced.
Board Transition Mandatory Dates (if you are selected, please be sure that you are available on these days at these times):
• May 4: New Board Member Orientation (5:30 p.m.)
• May 19: Joint Board of Directors meeting (5:30 p.m.)
• May 27: New Board Member Orientation (5:30 p.m.)
• June 10: Joint Executive Committee Meeting (12:00 – 1:00 p.m.)
• June 12th: Board Retreat (9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
YPAL’s 2020-2021 Board term officially begins July 1, 2021.
YPAL’s 2020-2021 Board term officially ends June 30, 2022.