YPAL Summer Internship Opportunities
About YPAL: The Young Professionals Association of Louisville (YPAL) provides leadership development, educational opportunities, and philanthropic support to Louisville’s young professionals for the benefit of the local community. The mission of YPAL is to connect, engage and develop Louisville’s young professionals through community, professional and social opportunities.
YPAL is committed to the values of:
- Growth: We are coachable and commit to lifelong learning for ourselves, our organization, and our community.
- Community: We are a diverse group of people, working together toward a common goal. We are an active piece of the Greater Louisville community, and we provide resources for our members.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We strive to represent the community we serve. We work to create a community culture where everyone’s unique ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives are valued.
- Integrity: We act in accordance to our values in all we do. We are honest, transparent, and respectful.
- Service: We are servant leaders in our community and are dedicated to serving as such.
Job Title: YPAL Intern (could be split into two roles based on interest)
- Help with YPAL events – planning, public relations, crafting event copy, onsite event help and other assistance as needed.
- Help manage YPAL website with content development.
- Research potential companies within the community to find sponsorship opportunities. Create sponsorship proposals with Executive Director.
- Post upcoming events to social media platforms.
- Use editing skills to proofread and craft documents.
- Update membership data for monthly emails and communicate data with YPAL board members.
- Support onboarding and data input for Salesforce database.
- Research and support implementation for sustainable solutions for board roles; i.e. record keeping, transition support, communication and project management tools, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reporting Structure: The YPAL intern reports to the YPAL Executive Director.
Education: A minimum of two years of undergraduate studies preferred.
Skills and Experience: A successful candidate must be responsible, professional, organized, self-motivated and have excellent communication skills. Marketing, event, Salesforce and/or Canva experience would be a plus.
Hours: 10-15 hours per week (some evening and weekend events). Internship will be hybrid and subject to change based on CDC and local requirements and recommendations.
Requirements: Intern will need to provide their own laptop or computer.
Dates: Summer internship to begin ASAP through August 2022 with possible extension to a fall internship.
This is an unpaid internship at this time. Parking will be paid. The interviews may take place via video. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to the YPAL Executive Director, Cassidy Hyde at email@example.com by May 31, 2022.