How to Stay Warm with Parker & Klein Real Estate
Staying warm this winter is easier than you might think.
Yes, you can save money, conserve energy, and stay toasty all at once!
- You can save about 3% of your total bill for every degree you lower the thermostat.
- Lower the temperature if you are going to be away for more than 6 hours.
- Consider a programmable or smart thermostat.
- Sealing cracks & adding insulation is less expensive than replacement windows.
- Use the oven! The oven can double as a room warmer- leave the door open after you are finished cooking to let the residual heat fill the room.
- Get an electrically heated throw blanket or a heat pack you can microwave.
- An electric blanket lets you reduce the temperature at night.
- Drink a cup of hot tea or cocoa.
- Alcohol does not keep you warm. It actually draws heat away from your core.
The articles below offer additional ideas. Read on and stay warm.