YPAL’s Toast to 20: Drew Eckman
You may recognize Drew from YPAL events- he’s been on the board since 2015! Read on to discover what the Louisville native thinks is Louisville’s best kept secret!
- Where do you work?
Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Tell us about your involvement with YPAL. When did you join and what leadership roles did you hold?
I currently serve as YPAL’s Immediate Past President. I became an active member of YPAL in January 2014 and joined the Board of Directors as Secretary in July 2015. I then served as President-Elect until I took over as President in July 2017.
- What made you want to get involved as a young professional? Why did you ultimately choose YPAL?
I love the access that YPAL gives young people to the established leaders in our community. Where else could I meet the CEO of the largest foundation in Louisville or senior executives from Louisville’s top public companies? But I also love the opportunities YPAL provides to give back to the community – whether it is helping a high-schooler with a resume or volunteering to feed those struggling with homelessness.
- How long have you lived in Louisville?
My entire life.
- What’s your favorite thing to do in Louisville? Be as specific or vague as you want.
I love attending Brew at the Zoo each year. I think it is one of the most underrated and enjoyable events Louisville has to offer
- What is your favorite YPAL memory? Is there a certain event YPAL throws that you never miss?
My favorite YPAL memory is sharing a massive Spinelli’s pizza with Jean (Lee) Scott, David Haney, and Ann Marie (Kelly) Maldini after a successful YP Unite Summit in 2014. After a long day of hard work at the Summit, it was great to let loose, share stories, laugh, and have fun with great friends.
- What are your favorite hobbies?
Fantasy football (including Daily Fantasy Sports), golf, reading.
- Favorite place you have ever traveled.
Since I was recently married in Key West, Florida (November 3), it is tough for me to think of a better trip. But my wife Elise and I also love San Diego!
- What’s a fun fact about you? Or what’s something not many people know about you?
I am a huge San Francisco 49ers fan and grew up idolizing Jerry Rice