Congratulations to our graduates!
The Young Professionals Association of Louisville (YPAL) is proud to announce its 18th graduating class of their Emerging Leaders Program. The Emerging Leaders Program is a three-month accelerated and intensive experience designed to address the leadership development needs of young professionals. These young professionals represent one of Greater Louisville’s greatest resources: talented young people committed to making our community a better place to live, work, and play. The Emerging Leaders Program is one of the most significant ways that YPAL grows and nurtures talent in our region.
Thanks to our sponsors KFC, Indiana University Southeast, and the YPAL Foundation, the program includes training led by Lenae Price, President and Founder of Mindset Collaborative, wherein participants take an introspective look at their strengths, values and leadership style and get advice from community leaders. The objective of the program is to provide participants with a clear understanding of their strengths, values and personality in the context of becoming a more effective leader. This was our first back-in-person class and the energy and enthusiasm was palpable. In continuation for this session, our participants engaged in a class dedicated to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion from the perspective of emerging leadership, hosted by Michele Shelton LLC.
As part of YPAL’s goal to hire more local diverse-owned catering services, we want to thank the following businesses that provided our cohort with excellent meals: The Salad Chic, Los Aztecas, Safier, The Black Italian, and Summa Dis, Summa Dat & More.
The Fall 2021 class of the Emerging Leaders Program concluded their coursework on December 6. The 23 graduates include:
- Kolade Aderele, Render Capital
- Mackenzie Bass, HJI Supply Chain Solutions
- Austin Bates, Greater Louisville, Inc.
- Erin Burke, Material Handling Systems
- Bailey Campagna, Metro United Way
- Aaron DuVall, BKD CPAs & Advisors
- Eddie Edwards III, PNC Private Bank
- Aaron Frith, Sazerac
- Zach Gaubert, KY Chamber of Commerce
- Avery Hatchett, Pike Electric
- Reagan Jennings, SCHOTT North America
- Victor Keye, Louisville Urban League
- Finn Kola, Tag Your Swag
- Tiffany Lakhwani, LG&E and KU
- Katelyn McGee, Yum! Brands
- Mikala Noe, Riley McGuire Partnes
- Trisha Novack, Terracon
- Mati Polizzi, Louisville Geek
- Sarah Rooney, PNC Bank
- Natalie Smith, University of Louisville College of Business
- Stacy Staggs, Mercy Housing
- Pamela Bilo Thomas, University of Louisville
- Micah Wilson, The Cabbage Patch Settlement House
Applications for the Spring 2022 program will open in January. Program, scholarship, and childcare stipend information can be found at: https://www.ypal.org/about-us/emerging-leaders-program/
If you have any questions, please email Emory Williamson, YPAL’s Director of Leadership, at firstname.lastname@example.org.