YPAL’s leadership has historically been a volunteer board and advisory council. We’re happy to announce this year we were able to hire our first full-time employee in April, to work with sponsors and focus on administrative duties for YPAL. As a result, we developed new partnerships with Louisville businesses which have allowed us to plan better quality events and provide real value to our members.
Earlier this year, a survey of our membership showed us that Louisville’s young professionals say the number one issue facing our generation is sustainability. In response, YPAL announced our Green Initiative in May with the purpose of educating our members about environmentally friendly ways to live and providing ways for them to take an active part in making Louisville a greener city. Over the next four months, with the help of our sponsors, we plan to build the city’s first LEED Certified Habitat for Humanity Home. To learn more about YPAL’s Green Initiative or volunteer, visit ypal.org.
- YPAL hired its first full-time employee, Emma Brown as Partner Relationship Manager to help oversee administrative and membership duties for the organization.
- Ten YPAL members were named to Business First’s annual 40 under 40 list.
- YPAL developed new partnerships with leading Louisville organizations allowing committees to plan quality programs with recognized speakers for our members. New partnerships included the Louisville Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis and Northwestern Mutual.
- YPAL kicked off its Green Initiative aimed at educating its members on environmentally friendly ways to live, work, and play. The Green Initiative was created in response to the 2009 membership survey, which identified green issues as most important to the area’s young professionals.
- As part of the Green Initiative’s capstone project, the organization began construction on the city’s first LEED Certified Habitat for Humanity home. The organization broke ground in May 2010 and is scheduled to complete the home in October. The house is located on Clay Street.