The 2014 – 2015 year for YPAL saw tremendous growth and accomplishments under the leadership of President Jean Lee and the board of directors. This year marked the 15th anniversary of our organization and this was celebrated by Louisville’s Mayor Greg Fischer by declaring November 14, 2014 “Young Professionals Day.” YPAL continued adovacy efforts with endorsing Kentucky Telecommunication Reform and hosted notable elected officials including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell throughout the year. Last, the organization’s explosive growth reached a historic milestone by garnering 860 individual members involved and engaged in YPAL’s mission and programming.
- Moved offices to 614 West Main Street.
- YP Summit – Groups from around the region joined us for the 2nd Annual YP Unite Summit. We have over 100 participants from as far as North Carolina join us for this two day session.
- This year marked the 15 year anniversary of YPAL. On November 14, Mayor Greg Fischer proclaimed it as Young Professionals Day in Louisville.
- Senator Mitch McConnell and Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes spoke at events during the lead up to the 2014 election. Senator Rand Paul and Congressman John Yarmuth spoke at event about YP engagement in politics. We garnered national press from the associated press on these political events, notably the breakfast with Senator Rand Paul.
- Endorsing the Telecom Reform Bill – In the spring of 2015, YPAL endorsed Kentucky telecommunications reform to spur investment and allow widespread access to wireless and broadband services required in a 21st century economy.
- Continued success with our emerging leaders program with our 5 graduating class in the spring.
- Partnered with groups such as the Rotary, Crane House, Give 502 to strengthen our relationships with other organizations in our community.
- Successfully executed two series: Wish I Knew and Looking Forward.
- Volunteered with non profits in our community including: the Salvation Army, Special Olympics, Junior Achievement and Louisville Grows.
- Received 143,623 webpage views by 18,116 people in 113 countries.
- Grew membership to the highest number in YPAL history with over 860 members.